CoinRabbit has always opted for anonymity since the very beginning. That is why we don’t have any KYC procedures to take out a loan or open a savings account. However, we understand that in today’s realities security is the most important thing in the crypto sphere. You asked and we did it – we’re happy to present a new method of authorization – Emails!
What changed and why?
Let’s start with the reasons for our update. In the epoque of hacker attacks, it’s more than important to protect our clients and their funds, which is the main reason for implementing email authorization. With emails, you can stay absolutely calm about the fate of your loans and savings! Watch yourself:
- It’s more secure. You can not only use email authorization, but also enable 2FA on your email address on your email provider in order to protect your information from being hacked. If you haven’t done this yet, go to settings of your email and check whether 2FA is on there ^__^
- Emails with notifications about risk zones will be sent to the email as well as to the mobile phone. This is also cool and convenient, because SMS notifications can get lost among a bunch of other notifications and you can not notice it, but with emails you can use special filters to configure the inbox so that such notifications come as “Important emails” and always be aware of the current status of your collateral and loan.
- You can use both email and a phone number. Further in the article we will tell you how to connect an email, if you are already using the phone number.
How did this feature change the CoinRabbit website?
As you can see in the screenshot below, everything has remained the same on the homepage. That’s why it would be hard to notice this significant change without our little help 😉
However, if you click on “My loans” or “My savings” on the “Earn” page, you’ll see the field where you have to enter your phone number and below it, you’ll see the “Verify with email” option.
If you click on it, your empty field will change from “Your phone number” to “Your email”. Isn’t it so cool?!
Are phone numbers still option no. 1?
You have complete freedom to choose which method of authorization you like more. However, we changed the phone number to email as the default method when you choose to take out a loan or open a savings account on CoinRabbit. This means that you’ll see the “Your email” field in the first place when confirming any operation.
Once you enter your email address, you’ll have to verify it with the special code sent to it. Beware of any scams and always check the email that you got the code from. It should be [email protected]. Also please do not respond to those emails, they are sent out automatically. If you want to contact us, join our Telegram group or write to the customer support chat.
How can I add an email address if I already have an account with phone number authorization enabled?
We understand that this question is the most important one right now. We’re ready to help you out, just follow these simple instructions and don’t worry, adding your email doesn’t require any hard steps!
- Go to “My loans” or “My savings” on the homepage and click on any loan/deposit that you have. You will be navigated to the dashboard.
- Scroll down till you see the field with your phone number.
- Next to it you’ll see the “Your email” field. Click on the “Add email” button.
- Enter your email address in the field and press “Verify”. Please add the email that you have full access to and which is valid.
- You’ll be asked to enter the codes sent both your phone number and your email. The code in your email box is valid only for 6 minutes!
- After successful verification of both codes, your email will be added. Simple as that and your loans and savings are not affected in any way!
Where will I be getting notifications? SMS or email?
Both. In the case of crypto-backed loans, you will be notified of the risk zones and liquidations via your email, too. We’re doing everything possible to save your loans and provide the best user experience on the market.
When you add your email address to your account, the verification codes will be sent only there.
Emails are a more secure way to keep track of your assets and we totally understand that, especially since we do not require any KYC procedures. We hope to have made your experience with CoinRabbit even more pleasant and safe.
Time to try out this new email feature and get a loan!
Or open a savings account and start earning that 10 % APY!
Not financial advice. Do your own research and take everything moderately.
Crypto-backed loans have their own risks that should be taken respectively.