Cryptocurrency sphere is relatively young and still evolving. Nevertheless, there are many reputable decent assets that affect the whole sphere and are a kind of catalyst for further evolution of the whole cryptocurrency world. NANO is definitely one of these assets.
At CoinRabbit we believe that such currencies deserve a better adoption in the first place. In this article we would like to share some insights on NANO itself and how you can expand your wealth horizons by using it as collateral currency.
What Is NANO?
Billed as “digital money for the modern world”. Nano is a lightweight cryptocurrency that is designed to facilitate secure, practically instant payments, without fees, and addresses some of the major limitations of both legacy financial infrastructure and many modern cryptocurrencies.
Development of the project began in 2014 under the name RaiBlocks, and the coin (then termed XRB) launched the following year through a public faucet, which allowed users to claim small amounts of XRB after completing a captcha challenge. Users were allowed to complete as many captchas as they liked to increase their words — effectively trading their time and effort for XRB.
RaiBlocks (XRB) was rebranded to Nano (NANO) in January 2018, with the new name chosen to better represent the speed and simplicity the project offers to users.
It is a peer-to-peer platform that uses a unique block-lattice data structure to allow users to easily transfer value to one another without relying on centralized intermediaries.
Unlike other platforms which typically use the combined proof-of-work of a massive mining network to achieve consensus, Nano instead uses a system known as Open Representative Voting (ORV) — which sees account holders vote for their chosen representative, who then work to confirm blocks of transactions securely.
ORV makes Nano extremely energy efficient, positioning it as a more environmentally friendly alternative to proof-of-work (POW)-based cryptocurrencies.
What Makes Nano Unique?
As we previously touched on, Nano is designed to be fast. So fast, in fact, that most Nano transactions reach absolute finality within less than a second — compared to several minutes or even longer for many other major cryptocurrencies. This speed makes Nano suitable for commercial payments since merchants and retailers no longer need to worry about transaction delays when accepting payments.
Moreover, Nano transactions are completely free. Since representatives do not receive financial compensation for their efforts to secure the network, there is no need for a transaction fee. This makes Nano an ideal solution for processing micro-transactions since users no longer need to worry about fronting a potentially expensive transaction fee when making small payments.
These features are enabled by its unique architecture. Unlike many cryptocurrencies which are built on top of a distributed ledger known as a blockchain, Nano is instead built around a similar ledger technology called a directed acyclic graph (DAG). This structure is highly reliable and allows Nano to process as many as 1,000 transactions per second (tps) — without requiring an energy-intensive mining network to maintain its integrity, positioning Nano as an eco-friendly digital payment option.
Why NANO Is The Most Efficient Collateral
There are several reasons for NANO to be one of the most convenient and efficient collaterals nowadays: its network speed, current price and low volatility (compared to assets that can dump for 20% in a few hours, for example).
Let’s take a closer look at these reasons. First of all, transaction speed matters when working with crypto backed loans because it changes everything when deposits, withdrawals or any other asset transfers take a significant amount of time. NANO speed is undeniable.
Also, NANO reached its $17.49 All-Time-High on Jan 02, 2018 (4 years ago) which means it has a huge growth potential since its price on July 06 was fluctuating around $4.65. It all makes NANO great collateral.
Using NANO as Collateral at CoinRabbit
CoinRabbit is the first service to accept NANO as collateral. All the assets we support deserve an exclusive approach. With that said, while keeping in mind distinctive aspects of Nano we released NANO crypto backed loans strongly related to them:
- The process of taking NANO loans at CoinRabbit is very simple and easy. Literally a few clicks to get your funds. You don’t have to browse through the whole website to learn what to do
- It takes under 10 minutes to receive the loan (usually much faster because Nano network is very fast)
- You don’t have to pay multiple fees for depositing, withdrawing or transferring your NANO
- We do not identify our clients, we do not know where you are from and who you are. In the most cases passing KYC is not needed (except for the cases when funds haven’t passed AML security level)
Taking crypto-backed loans at CoinRabbit has more different opportunities and provides wider adoption of NANO. Here are some capabilities:
- Unlock the value of your holdings without selling or switching to other currencies
- Spend received loans wherever you want. Let it be daily purchases or reinvestments
- No time frames. Repay the loan whenever you want let it be in 1 year or in 1 month
- The APR for early adopters is as low as 10%
- No KYC required. You should not pass any approvement process
- You only need your phone number to get the funds
- 24/7 customer support is always at your back
Risk Management and What Should You Keep in Mind While Taking Loans?
Though crypto-backed loans are great and powerful tools like any other financial activity, taking crypto-backed loans has its own risks. We would like to share some important points you should know and/or constantly monitor:
- There is a liquidation price of all collaterals. You should be aware of your collateral currency price fluctuations. If your collateral currency reaches its liquidation price it will be sold instantly. This is the ONLY reason to lose your collateral
- We will notify you multiple times before selling your collateral as it reaches liquidation price. The best thing you can do to avoid it is either buy your collaterals back by repaying the loan amount + accumulated APR or deposit more funds to reduce your liquidation price
- Our LTV is 50% which means your collateral price should drop by 50% before being sold. Still, you have to keep an eye on it closely (Loan-to-Value is a necessary part of crypto backed loans: the percentage of your collateral value you receive when using such services)
- The best time to take crypto backed loans is when you believe that the currency price is going to grow in the future (no matter the time term). One more tip is to get loans when you think its “a dip” already
- Statistically, the market grows further every year. That’s why we suggest to choose mid-term and long-term loans to increase potential returns and reduce the risks
- Take everything moderately, let it be investing, holding or taking crypto loans. Do not overextend
What should you do if the market dumps?
- First, we are always ready to return the funds. If you feel that the liquidation price will be broken through very strongly then buy the collateral back as soon as possible
- Secondly, you can always increase your deposit amount to lower your liquidation price if the market drops significantly
Not sure about the market? You are now able to choose between bearish and bullish loans
- We have released CoinRabbit Earnings so you can earn with no risks at all by simply making a deposit
- Finally, take advantage of all these tips and then you will discover the true potential of using our service, and at the same time you will still be able to count on the full amount of your NANO in the future (or even accumulate more) since more and more new ways of using this asset appears
Rethink forward crypto loans at CoinRabbit.
Not financial advice. Do your own research and take everything moderate.
Crypto backed loans have their own risks that should be taken respectively.
Sources used: CoinMarketCap, Nano.