“Security is protection from, or resilience against, potential harm (or other unwanted coercive change) caused by others, by restraining the freedom of others to act” – this is a common definition of security. Right now the crypto world is expanding enormously and this is great news, but at the same time, the risks of getting hacked are also growing. Here on CoinRabbit, we believe that in order to provide the best user experience for our clients, we have to make everything as secure as possible. That is the reason for our latest updates: 2FA authentication can now be enabled right on the CoinRabbit website. Find out everything you need to know below!
A shortlist of updates
- You can connect 2FA via Google Authenticator. It will be requested on login and on withdrawal operations
- If you are already logged into your account and decide to take out a new loan/open a new savings deposit, authorization will be tightened and you won’t need to log in again
How can I better secure my CoinRabbit account right now?
Just below you will find all the necessary instructions on how to enable 2FA with these simple steps:
- Navigate to CoinRabbit homepage
- Instead of “My savings” or “My loans” in the top right corner you will see “Sign In”. Click on it!
- You will be asked to verify your phone number. You can click on “Verify your email” if you have it attached already. If you somehow missed this update, check out our previous article to find the instructions there.
- Verify your email address or phone number in order to sign in to your account.
- Once you successfully verified your number/email, you’ll see the “Account” button. Click on it to see all possible options: “My Loans”, “My Savings” and “Log Out”. Now your loans and savings can be accessed in one place!
- The “Log Out” button is there for you to disconnect from your account at any minute. There is no need to log in constantly when closing and reopening the CoinRabbit website. Besides, it is even easier to take out new loans or open deposits if you are already logged in!
- Once logged in to your account, click on “My loans” or “My savings”. Choose one from your dashboard.
- Scroll down until you see your phone number and email address. Click on “Enable” next to “Google Authenticator”
- You will be asked to download a special Google Authenticator app for iOS or Android. Click on “Next”
- Once you download the app, scan the QR code or enter it manually. Do not share this code with anyone!
- Next, you’ll be asked to save the backup key. It’s the same code that you had on the previous step.
ATTENTION!!! DO NOT SHARE YOUR BACKUP KEY WITH ANYONE FOR SECURITY REASONS. KEEP THE BACKUP CODE IN SAFE PLACE. IF YOU LOSE IT, YOU WON’T BE ABLE TO RECOVER ACCESS TO YOUR ACCOUNT ON COINRABBIT!!!
- You’ll need to verify your account with 6 digit codes sent to your linked email address and shown in Google Authenticator app.
- Aaand boom! You’ve successfully enabled 2FA to your CoinRabbit Account! Congrats!
You can still create a CoinRabbit account using just your phone number. However, our clients have long dreamed of greater account protection (so have we). Since email authentication is considered to be the most secure for the time being, we strongly recommend adding your email address to your account with 2FA protection, which really allows you to sleep peacefully. And once again: DO NOT SHARE YOUR BACKUP KEY WITH ANYONE FOR SECURITY REASONS AND KEEP IT IN SAFE PLACE. Protect your CoinRabbit account right now and stay tuned for more awesome updates!