Let’s say there is something expensive you’d like to buy right now. If you are holding cryptocurrency and don’t plan to sell, trade or exchange it…, because there’s a bull run going on right now, and your assets can significantly grow in price soon. Taking a crypto loan is a solution — you don’t spend your cryptocurrency but make the maximum profit of it today.
We send you the loan in Tether (USDT ERC20 and USDT TRC20) or USDC. You can withdraw and swap it to fiat and buy something offline or with a card, but you can also spend it on the e-commerce platforms that accept cryptocurrency.
In this article, we’ll show how shopping with cryptocurrencies online is better than the traditional way of doing it, and we’ll demonstrate where you can spend crypto loan and how.
The history of crypto and e-commerce
When cryptocurrency emerged in 2009, everyone was skeptical about it. But in the next few years, the most enthusiastic store owners have embraced a cryptocurrency payment method, and the industry started to rise. It’s been over 10 years by now — many e-shops still see more cons than pros in accepting digital coins. If you shop with cryptocurrency today, you’re still one of the first enthusiasts worldwide to adopt this new kind of money. Congratulations!
One of the first crypto payment processing platforms, BitPay, has emerged in 2011. Others have also started to arise, and who do you think would be one of the first companies to accept cryptocurrency as payment — maybe large online marketplaces? No, in 2013, Virgin Galactic started accepting Bitcoin for intergalactic travel!
In 2014, Microsoft has announced the launching of Bitcoin payments, and this is where a relatively mass adoption started to rise. The same year, the national Latvian airBaltic flag carrier was the firstone of its kind to start accepting cryptocurrency. Later on, Lush handmade cosmetics, Starbucks coffee, and Tesla followed. In 2018, BitPay has already reported having processed $1 billion in transactions.
While you still can’t pay with Bitcoin on Amazon and AliExpress, some renowned payment processing companies are starting to adopt crypto. Since 2021, millions of PayPal users can buy, sell, or hold BTC, ETH, BCH, and LTC inside the app.
Today, there are convenient solutions for merchants to start accepting cryptocurrency on basically any website — be that an OpenCart-based store or a custom-made website. One of these solutions is NOWPayments, an e-commerce Bitcoin payment provider. For a 0.5% fee, merchants get a tool to organize all transactions, track them in one place, and accept over 70 crypto assets. As a non-custodial service, NOWPayments doesn’t store funds and passes them from a buyer’s wallet right into the merchant’s one.
Perks of crypto shopping
- Guaranteed high speed of payments. Bank transfers usually take seconds, but sometimes big lags occur — especially in the case of remittances. You never know if the payment will go fast or take days. In crypto, if you set a good transaction fee, you are 99.99% guaranteed that the payment in cryptocurrency will lend to the receiver’s wallet in minutes or even seconds.
- No middlemen. If you send money abroad, you’re at risk that your funds will get stuck in the intermediary banks. In cryptocurrency, there are no third parties, and the speed of payment delivery is the same for any part of the world.
- Crypto payments are discreet. Bitcoin is not completely anonymous, but if you don’t want your banking and identificational data to be revealed by a merchant or anyone else, use crypto instead of fiat money. Privacy coins like Monero or ZCash will help you stay anonymous.
- Payment delivery public check. You can see on the blockchain whether your payment has been delivered to the merchant. With banks, there is no such publicly verifiable data.
How to pay with crypto online?
There is less difference in how to pay in cryptocurrency from a regular fiat payment than one could imagine. Once you’ve collected things in your cart, head on to checkout, fill in the regular fields such as address and so on, and choose to pay with cryptocurrency. You will be given a wallet address where you’ll be asked to send your coins. Go to your crypto wallet to do this, and hurry up — the time may be limited.
In many cases, you will be offered a QR code to scan from your mobile phone. Do so, and this will bring you into your crypto wallet with all the details of the payment (currency, amount, and address) already filled in. Simply tap the button to send the coins.
What online shops accept Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies?
Here’s the list of shopping sites and e-commerce crypto stores where you can pay in crypto.
Thousands of merchants worldwide based on crypto e-commerce platforms:
- Shopify –Internet company that develops software for online and retail stores. The headquarters are located in Ottawa, Canada. Shopify was created in 2004 by a group of like-minded people who were looking to create an online snowboard board store.
- WooCommerce – It is designed for small to large-sized online merchants using WordPress. Launched on September 27, 2011. the plugin quickly became popular for its simplicity to install and customize and for the market position of the base product as freeware
- Magento – Empowers thousands of retailers and brands with the best eCommerce platforms and flexible cloud solutions to rapidly innovate and grow.
- Ecwid – Over 1 Million Sellers use Ecwid for Web, Mobile and Social Commerce. Set up your Ecwid store to easily sell across a website, social media, and marketplaces.
- Etsy – A global online marketplace, where people come together to make, sell, buy, and collect unique items. We’re also a community pushing for positive.
- Rakuten – is a Japanese e-commerce company headquartered in Tokyo. Its B2B2C e-commerce platform Rakuten Ichiba is the largest e-commerce site in Japan and one of the largest in the world.
- Overstock, Discover designer brands & home goods at the lowest prices online. With free shipping on EVERYTHING.
- Home Depot, Shop online for all your home improvement needs: appliances, bathroom decorating ideas, kitchen remodeling, patio furniture, power tools, bbq grills etc.
- Lush is a British cosmetics retailer, which is headquartered in Poole, Dorset, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1995 by trichologist Mark Constantine and his wife Mo Constantine. Lush has 951 stores globally. It produces and sells creams, soaps, shampoos, shower gels, lotions, moisturisers, scrubs, masks, and other cosmetics for the face, hair.
Hardware and software:
- Newegg is an online retailer of items including computer hardware and consumer electronics. It is based in City of Industry, California.
- Microsoft — is an American multinational technology corporation which produces computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface lineup of touchscreen personal computers.
- Expedia, is an online travel agency owned by Expedia Group, an American online travel shopping company based in Seattle. The website and mobile app can be used to book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruise ships, and vacation packages.
- Travala.com, is a blockchain based Travel platform offering over 2 Million Properties and a large range of Payment options including CryptoCurrencies
- airBaltic is the flag carrier of Latvia, with its head office on the grounds of Riga International Airport in Mārupe municipality near Riga. Its hub is at Riga International Airport, with further bases at Tallinn Airport and Vilnius Airport.
How can I get my crypto loan?
- Go to CoinRabbit. Use the calculator to estimate how much you’d like to get. Choose the currency and set the sum.
- Authorize with your mobile phone number and set your payout address for getting USDT or USDC.
- Send us the collateral, and in a few minutes, you will have your loan.
That’s it! No KYC, no credit checks, no paperwork. Go shop with your crypto loan, and come back to repay it whenever you want. Literally whenever: in a month, a year, or 5 years — the loan period is not limited.
The yearly interest that we charge is 5%. Keep track of it on CoinRabbit — sign in with your mobile number and see how much you’d have to pay to return your loan. There are no monthly payments — you pay the whole sum when you come back to return your coins.
How should I spend my crypto loan on the Internet?
Find a crypto store that accepts it, and you’re ready to go. Check out the stores that we provided above, or maybe you’ve already found a platform where you wanted to spend your loan. You can also check if a store where you usually buy things or a new one that you find nice accepts cryptocurrency.
Make sure you go shopping with Bitcoin to a store that has a good reputation. It’s impossible to dispute the crypto payments and there are no chargebacks for them, hence all issues you will have to solve only with the merchant.
Hope this guide on e-commerce cryptocurrency stores was helpful. As you can see, e-commerce and blockchain are closely tied now, and further on, more and more cryptocurrency e-commerce stores and crypto online stores will appear.
We wish you safe and pleasant shopping with cryptocurrency!
Not financial advice. Do your own research and take everything moderate.
Crypto backed loans have their own risks that should be taken respectively.